Saturday, July 26, 2008

Out with the old...

When San Jose State students return from summer break this year, their school will have a completely new graphic look. Will anyone notice? Probably not, except for graphic design nerds like me.

In the spirit of Brand New, one of my favorite blogs, I've posted the old and new versions of the SJSU logo above. As you can see, the new mark is much cleaner, using a blockier logo and the SJSU logotype is now set all in the same font, albeit at differing weights. The logo mark, that sort of diamond-ish square thing, is now completely solid as opposed to the subtle texturing that the old mark featured. 

Personally, I think the change is refreshing and brings with it a renewed spirit of brand cohesion that's long been missing from San Jose State. As the new image website states, SJSU "deserves to look as professional as we are," and I think that goal is definitely realized with this new logo and image.

No comments: